Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A New Beginning

I've really gotten tired of everyone spouting "When God closes a door, He opens a window."  Not only have people been spouting it, but it seems to come up in shows that I watch as well.  I get it.  Something new will come along.  Look at the best of the situation.  Blah, blah.  What would really be nice is for someone to say, "Damn.  That really sucks."  Just let me vent, be upset and feel what I want to feel.  Let me have my days to cry and be sad.  My moments to yell and be upset.  Let me hurt.  Yes, it will pass.  Yes, I will find something new.  Yes, I will be stronger.  For now I want to play with my tots and cuddle the baby.  And with this cold weather...the door and window can stay shut for awhile.

1 comment:

  1. Damn, that really sucks! ;)

    Seriously though, I do know what you mean. Not sure exactly what you're writing in response to, but I support you - whatever you feel is valid and fine. No need to rush into optimism. I'm sure you know those who say it just want to be positive and make you feel better. But take your time. I feel that way about grieving for Tommy. Don't feel like you need to find a silver lining everywhere. Sometimes things just suck, and eventually you move on. Not sure I am expressing myself that well, but there it is.

    ReplyDelete